Athens Greece Guide
The Complete travel Guide to Athens and Greece
Athens and Greece Guides
Saronic Gulf |
Ionian Islands |
Ancient sites |
About us |
Full list of Travel Guides
Complete guide to Greece
Sitemap - List of all Travel Guides
General information for Greece and Athens
- The main home page www.athens-greece-guide.com
- A quick guide to Athens and the major attractions in the Greek capital.
- A introduction to Greece and its regions and islands.
- Information about Athens' moder metro service.
Buses and Taxi's
Information on buses, Trams and Taxis in Athens.
Airport and Flights
- Athen's modern airport and flights.
- Site map of Athen, Greece guide.
- Information about Athens, Greece guide.
Weather in Greece and Athens
- The weather and climate in both Greece and Athens
Greece info and Emergency numbers
- Useful information about Athens and Greece, including emergency numbers and a list of Embassies.
Map of Greece
- A map of Greece and the regions of Greece
- Information on the Greek language.
- Contact information.
The Acropolis of Athens
- Information about the the Acropolis, including the Parthenon, and other building.
Around the Acropolis
- Buildings and monuments to look at that are around the Acropolis rock.
- In depth information on the history of the Acropolis.
- The iconic building the Parthenon on the Acropolis of Athens.
Temple of Nike
- In depth information on the Temple of Nike on the Acropolis rock.
Theatre of Dionysus
- Guide to the Theatre of Dionysus on the Acropolis.
Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- The famous theatre below the Acropolis.
New Acropolis Museum
- The new modern museum displaying finds from on and around the Acropolis.
- The marble rock opposite the Acroplis, famous for St Paul's sermon to the Athenians. .
Sites and things to do around Athens
- The famous district in Athens just below the Acropolis.
- A district in Athens famous for its baazar like markets.
- Home of Vouli (Greek parliment) and the famous square.
The Kalimamaro Stadium
- The Kalimarmaro/Panathanaikos Stadium, where the first Olympic games were held in 1896.
- Information the hill over looking the Acropolis.
The Roman Agora and Tower of the winds
- The Roman market place funded by Julius Ceasar, and the mysterious Tower of the Winds.
- The highest point in Athens, great views of the city.
Temple of Zeus and Hadrians Arch
- The largest temple of ancient Greece, and the famous ach built by the Roman Emperor Hadrian.
Zapeo and the National Gardens
- The Zappeion conference centre and National gardens.
- The huge ancient market place once the hub of ancient Athens.
- Information the ancient cemetery.
- The huge port of Athens.
National Archaeological Museum
The world famous museum has some of the most imortant ancient finds in the world like the Artemisium Bronze, a huge bronze statue of Zeus or Poseidon.
- Information on some of the less known museums in Athens.
- A guide to many of the beaches around Athens.
Diving in Athens
- Where to go diving and snorkeling in in Athens.
Ancient and Archaeological sites
- Information about famous ancient and Archaeological sites around Greece.
- Ancient Temple dedicated to Poseidon.
- The beautiful ruins Delphi on mount Parnassus
- Information on the Monasteries of Meteora, monasteries built on rock pinacles.
Islands of the Saronic Gulf
Islands of the Saronic Gulf
- information about the islands of the Argo Saronic Gulf.
- information on the Saronic Gulf island of Hydra
- The famous island off the coast of Attica.
Places in the Peloponnese in the south of Greece
- Guide to the region of the Peloponnese is southern Greece.
- The ancient town to the west of Athens.
- This pretty town in the Peleponeses was Once capital of Greece.
- Information on the ancient citadel dating back nearly 4000 years.
- Travel and information guide to Ancient Nemea in the Peloponnese.
- Infor,ation about the world famous theatre.
The Ionian Islands
- The famous Islands of Western Greece including Corfu.
- Travel guide to the island of Corfu.
- Travel guide to the island of Kefalonia.
- Travel information on the Island of Lefkas or Lefkada.
Places in Epirus - North west Greece
Zagoria and the Vikos Gorge
- Information on the mountainous region of Zagoria and the worlds deepest gorge, the Vikos Gorge.
- Epirus the region in north-west Greece.
- Arta, Epirus, information and travel guide to the town.
- Guide to Parga, a small beautiful harbour town in Epirus, north-west Greece.
Islands of the Cyclades
- Guide to the island of Santorini in the Cyclades.
- Guide to the island group of the Cyclades.
- Information about traveling to the island of Tinos in the Cyclades.
- Guide to Mykonos, the party capital of the Aegean.
- Guide to Naxos, the perfect Greek island.
- Guide to Delos, the sacred island of ancient Greece.
- Guide to Paros, an island in the cyclades.
Places and things to do on the island of Santorini
- information on the Minoan archaeological site in Santorini that was destroyed by a volcanic eruption in 1627 BC.
- The capital of the island of Santorini.
- Guide to the village of Firostefani in Santorini.
Fira to Oia Hike
- Information on the hike between the villages of Fira and Oia in Santorini.